Menu
People1965
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box stuck on start up

TiVo box wasn’t transmitting to my android app so I reset it. Got up this morning and it’s stuck on starting up. I have rang and spoke to Rav who I had to keep repeating things to and who I felt just wanted me off the phone. He was insisting on sending me an email about my problem before he knew what it was. He has now told me I have to leave it for 3 hours and call back if not resolved ?? Am I being robbed off?

thanks

wend

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Huw_B
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box stuck on start up

Hi there People1965, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your TiVo. 

When a box sticks on Starting up, this could be that it is receiving an update, so advising to wait 3 hours is indeed plausable, unfortunately this was not explained to you when you called, so apologies for that. However when I run a test on your TiVo this evening, I'm unable to communicate with it, so this could be down to an issue that may need a technician to call out - we can do this via online chat

Cheers and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
People1965
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2 weeks to get a reply not exactly customer friendly.

Engineers changed the box last week. How ever it does turn itself off a few times when it is first switched on each evening and the picture isn’t as sharp now. I am getting a bit disgruntled with virgin to be honest. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi People1965

I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently.

Testing the box from our end shows no errors, I hope that means things have improved since your post? If not, get back in touch and we'll do what we can to assist.

Talk soon
Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos