Menu
paulieh
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box splitting recordings and constantly rebooting

As title really, just lately most of our recordings have been split into two parts or has been a partial recording which is annoying enough and shouldn't be happening, but now whether we are watching live Tv or a recording after so long the picture freezes,pixelates and the box reboots itself for a while longer. have tried the thumbs down/up thing and cleared out deleted programes, changed HDMI inputs but don't know what to do next, its rebooted about 5 times so far tonight.

thanks for any help / input.    Paul.

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box splitting recordings and constantly rebooting

sounds like its a fault or its got issues thats why its doing it sounds like a fault to me needs checking
0 Kudos
paulieh
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

cidedRe: TiVo box splitting recordings and constantly rebooting

Well we decided to bite the bullet and do a reset back to factory and loose all our recordings as they were becoming unwatchable anyway with the constant reeboots.

After the reset we had a new guide with graphics, the box was much faster and responsive and we thought that it had been worth it loosing all our recordings.

Things didn't last though as now again recordings are split into 2/3 parts and when watching a full recording after about 5 mins the box reboots itself, watching a programme live seems to be okay so it makes me think that the box has a hard drive fault.

Cheers Paul.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: cidedRe: TiVo box splitting recordings and constantly rebooting

I assume, in the meanwhile, you have arranged for Virgin Media to visit you and fix/replace your box?

0 Kudos
paulieh
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have thank you,next friday, was just letting others know what was happening with our setup.

0 Kudos
paulieh
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to let folk know, engineer came yesterday and swapped out the old tivo for a new v6 box, things are a lot better now.
0 Kudos