cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box recordings

squonk
Tuning in

Hi, if I start recording a show that has already started, sometimes the show will play from where I started the recording and sometimes it will play right from the beginning. Does anybody know why that is and is there any settings that I can use so that it always records the whole show even though the program has already started?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This depends on whether the channel has been selected recently or some time ago.

If the channel has been connected to a tuner since before the current program started, pressing record will record the whole program.

If not, then it can only record what is in the buffer since you changed over to the channel.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVo also lets you easily search for any repeat showings of the same programme if you do miss the start and want to record the next time.

Press "info" from the programme entry in the EPG, choose "Explore this show", then choose the option for "View upcoming showings" or "View other showings" - the wording may vary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks