Menu
JDavis
Joining in
Message 91 of 399
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box really slow lately

Hi

How do you delete deleted recordings from the hard drive? Cannot see this option.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ycwkpp898
Up to speed
Message 92 of 399
Flag for a moderator

HI Jdavis. you go into deleted and then on the tv show click clear and the delete option will appear. you have to do it for each tv recording.
gilburton
On our wavelength
Message 93 of 399
Flag for a moderator

I started deleting the deleted programmes but it's such a pain I decided to delete everything in the box and take it back to as new.

Fortunately I don't keep a lot on it and only have a few programmes on series link.

Once I have watched something it's deleted so this might not suit everyone.

Go to settings and choose "clear or reset" but you'll lose all your favourites,

series links and recorded items.

It is quicker but Netflix isn't a lot better.

0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 94 of 399
Flag for a moderator

I got so fed up with the darn apps on TiVo that we ended up purchasing 4 Amazon FireTV Sticks. Now they small but very powerful on features and fast on menus, I no longer have to wait ages for Netflix to show, takes about 5 seconds.

We sent one of our TiVo 500Gb boxes back to Virginmedia in the end, which we were only using it for NetFlix anyway - since then we've used the FireTV Stick far more in the bedroom than the ex-TiVo Box!

Regards,

0 Kudos
Darkman
Up to speed
Message 95 of 399
Flag for a moderator

If VM just went back to a previous firmware version it would be a huge improvement while they get the TiVo replacement ready (i.e. buy a good hardware/firmware combo which works well and then customise (in other words ruin) the firmware). Why oh why do they continue to do this?

Sometimes less is more.

200Mb BB, V6 TiVo, Full House TV, Phone I only use to call VM
0 Kudos
haynes77
On our wavelength
Message 96 of 399
Flag for a moderator

I for one cannot wait to go back to Sky - our Tivo box is slower than a snail with sleep deprivation!!  When I called customer services, the advice they gave was to reboot it frequently - should you really have to do this for something to work a 'bit' faster?  I was so excited about trying Tivo for the 1st time but now wish I hadn't bothered :-(  

Sky was far, far superior.............remote control, speed, more user friendly interface, etc, etc!  Also, only 12 month contracts, whereas VM's minimum contract is now 18 months - maybe that tells you something (roll on March next year when it will be bye bye VM)?

0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 97 of 399
Flag for a moderator

haynes77 wrote:

I for one cannot wait to go back to Sky - our Tivo box is slower than a snail with sleep deprivation!!  When I called customer services, the advice they gave was to reboot it frequently - should you really have to do this for something to work a 'bit' faster?  I was so excited about trying Tivo for the 1st time but now wish I hadn't bothered :-(  

Sky was far, far superior.............remote control, speed, more user friendly interface, etc, etc!  Also, only 12 month contracts, whereas VM's minimum contract is now 18 months - maybe that tells you something (roll on March next year when it will be bye bye VM)?

My new contract is just 12mths! Only because I said I didn't want the 2 TiVo boxes anymore and to cancel all of the TV XL package. They gave me a choice of getting rid of the whole lot, or pay £5.00 a month for one 1TB Tivo box and their lowest TV package - I thought well TiVo for 5 quid with channels, that are not even on freeview wasn't bad. Besides, I can get more on the Amazon FireTV Sticks! They are faster, plus you can get access to IPTV, which are just FREE apps from Amazon complete with some channels not even on Virgin! And, it's much faster than TiVo. NetFlix I run off the FireTV Stick, because on TiVo it is a ridiculous speed just to get the dam app, running!

0 Kudos
Nigel_F
On our wavelength
Message 98 of 399
Flag for a moderator

I think I found a fix for this. Please see my thread in this post:

Software Update and Menu Speed Fix

0 Kudos
ycwkpp898
Up to speed
Message 99 of 399
Flag for a moderator

Mine updated to RC23 2am, done my other box and so far its faster, wish it was a lot faster. I think virgin need to get there techs to start looking at technology that is in the future and faster. so they last a lot longer. and don't slow down so quick. I used Netflix through Tivo the other day and it was sooooo slow. even the ps3 is a lot quicker to load and use.

0 Kudos
wilkenstein1974
On our wavelength
Message 100 of 399
Flag for a moderator

So have people seen this: https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/11/virgin-v6-4k-set-top-box/ the new Virgin Media next gen set-top box?

Also to the mods in here, perhaps us people who've been complaining about our TiVo problems for some time now ought to get some sort of preferential treatment or advanced shipping of these things as there could finally be some light on the horizon?

Very long time VM customer, from the old blueyonder days.
Tags (2)