Menu
DonDons1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box not working, no channels

Hello, since 22 July my virgin has not been working. I left it a few day to see if it would right itself but it hasn’t am a I’ve been left with no tv since then. I tried to call yesterday and was left on hold for 20mins. Can’t get through to anyone and I need an engineer.

thank you

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box not working, no channels

@DonDons1 wrote:

Hello, since 22 July my virgin has not been working. I left it a few day to see if it would right itself but it hasn’t am a I’ve been left with no tv since then. I tried to call yesterday and was left on hold for 20mins. Can’t get through to anyone and I need an engineer.

thank you

I appreciate it's frustrating and probably not what you want to hear... but you'll probably wait a few more days for a staffer to respond on here.

I can only begin to guess how annoying the current call queues (which VM do need to address) are... but they are still the quickest way to get faults reported.

0 Kudos
DonDons1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, got it fixed phew 😄😄

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@DonDons1 wrote:

Thank you, got it fixed phew 😄😄

What was the issue - it may be valuable information for others with similar problems?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
DonDons1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The issue was the source apparently. For whatever reason all the channels were unavailable and tv stated ‘no signal’. I had gone through all the motions of testing, disconnecting/connecting cables- exploring all options but I was going into my tv menu selecting sources from there. However what I should have been pressing was the actual source button on the tv remote. Et voila virgin and channels resumed service. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

.. so not a Virgin Media fault, a user error.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped