Menu
Chasbar
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box not connected to internet.

Two problems with my TiVo box.Firstly it isn't recording my shows.I have switched my Hub 3 into modem mode but this is Not the reason as it was working ok for weeks.Secondly having connected my own Asus router all led lights are on and I have wifi,but when I try and set up the internet connection which connects from my router to my hub and another cable from the router directly into my Samsung TV,a message appears saying do you want to set up a wired connection,but when I press ok,it keeps coming back failed saying the ethernet cable is not connected when it absolutely is.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Huw_B
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box not connected to internet.

Hi @Chasbar

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues with your V6 box and your current set up. In your other post, you give a bit more detail.

Can I ask, do you have an ethernet lead running from the V6 into you Asus router at all, as this could be the answer. I've run a few tests this end, and can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to record, the recordings may fail if the EPG is not updating on your V6 and this may be the case if there is no internet connection between the V6 and the Asus. 

Your V6 may have previously connected via Wifi to your Hub, and when you put that in Modem mode, it would have lost connection. If you're not in a position to connect an Ethernet between the V6 and the Asus (e.g. they are too far apart) you could look in the network settings to see if you can connect to the Asus via WiFi

To do this, on the V6 box go to 

Home > Help and Settings > Settings > Network > Change Network Settings (this will only appear if there is no Ethernet connection) > Other > Connect to Wifi

From here if you follow the on screen prompts to connect to the Wifi Settings you've made in the Asus it should connect for you. 

Let me know how this goes. 

Thanks 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Chasbar
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box not connected to internet.

Thanks,this appears to have done the trick,previously i connected to hub,now connected to router seems to have solved the problem,thanks.

0 Kudos