cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box keeps rebooting

Michbalazs
Tuning in

Hi

My TiVo box keeps rebooting itself and then it gets in sloop of reboots until I turn it off and on again. This is happening every half hour watching. 
and if I’m watching something that’s recorded it goes for 10 minutes and then stops and reboots../

it’s driving me mad!

best wishes

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Nicholas_k
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,in my experience you need a new set top box,if you go on to web chat they will arrange to post you one out,I hope this helps.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

MoakesC
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi I’m Chris a Virgin media Tech

Could you please private message me your account number as well as address or your VM landline number. You can access my private messaging by hovering over my name. I can then run some diagnostics on your equipment and see further into your issue.

If you found this information useful or the issue was resolved, please give feedback by clicking the thumbs up Kudos icon and marking as a helpful answer.                                                                                                         

If you would like to learn more about receiving £50 of your bill please private message me.

Kind Regards

Chris VMTech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

42 REPLIES 42

Nicholas_k
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,in my experience you need a new set top box,if you go on to web chat they will arrange to post you one out,I hope this helps.

Do you happen to know if the webchat is open? I left a message at 9.30am, was asked for account details and then told I was being transferred to another team but that was 6 hours ago? which is obv. fine if they are really busy and will get to it eventually. Call centre is now completely closed ?

MoakesC
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi I’m Chris a Virgin media Tech

Could you please private message me your account number as well as address or your VM landline number. You can access my private messaging by hovering over my name. I can then run some diagnostics on your equipment and see further into your issue.

If you found this information useful or the issue was resolved, please give feedback by clicking the thumbs up Kudos icon and marking as a helpful answer.                                                                                                         

If you would like to learn more about receiving £50 of your bill please private message me.

Kind Regards

Chris VMTech

Thank you

i have done that

vassilis
Tuning in

Hi.

I am getting the same problem i.e. Tivo reboots every 20m or so. it blanks off, light goes to orange and then the Starting up message comes up on the screen after a while. Everything else seems to be ok. 

Vassilis 

Hello vassilis

Thanks for your post 

How are things looking now

Let me know if its still the same 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

Yes still the same, it just rebooted again. It blacks out and then the "starting" message comes up.

Best regards

Vassilis 

Hello vassils

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks for passing security vassilis

I have booked an engineer to come out at the first available appointment we have 

This will be viewable on your online account  

You can reschedule this if its not suitable for you 

Gareth_L