cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box keeps crashing and all lights flashing

SueL105
Tuning in

I'm starting to lose my mind with this box.....constantly crashing/freezing (I'm not even going to tell you the amount of films I've been half way through and it just crashes!)  Currently on my third crash of the day....Have to turn it off and restart it only for all the lights to continually flash like they are having a disco and then it freezes on the start up screen.  Then have to do the whole thing again....only for it to do a reboot...I've pulled every wire out, changed HDMI cable, changed batteries in remote (not even sure why when the remote was working fine but hey wanted to cover all bases).  Please can you send me a new TIVO box so I can continue watching the services I am paying for.  Many thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi SueL105,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your TIVO,

You should contact VM Faults. Call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 ( TV Faults but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Fault you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc. Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you but it's likely to take a couple of days.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to reinforce the diagnosis... unfortunately this forum is not a real-time support service and the quickest way to report service faults is nearly always to call in.

Forum staff do respond on here, but it's primarily a user-community forum where VM staff respond where peer-peer support isn't appropriate or is unsuitable.

If you're having genuine problems with telephone-CS, then please do explain what those are, and sometimes we can push posts higher-up the staff priority list. But even this time on a Sunday night, this is unlikely to get you a response before tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @SueL105,

Thanks for taking the time to post your issue on our forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your TV service, I have looked into your account on our system and can see that you have an issue that would need a engineer visit to resolve this issue.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards

Steven_L

Thank you Steven, really appreciate that.  I can see the appointment.  

Thanks again

Sue 

You're welcome @SueL105 and please let us know how the visit goes.

Regards

Steven_L