cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box is so slow

pammybabe
Tuning in

Our TiVo box is quite old.  Loading apps such as I player or Netflix takes a long time in fact tonight bbc iPlayer just says loading.  Any ideas what I can do?

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi pammybabe,

If you have VM broadband you could see about swapping to a V6 box. It's newer, faster and has more apps.

Ideal if you are out of contract band want to negotiate a new deal.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By means of reinforcing the previous post...

The TiVo box is old and runs pretty outdated hardware, and there's unfortunately no getting around that. Assuming the box doesn't have an underlying problem of the onboard internet connection failing (check for flashing green lights on the front-left of the box), then your issue is probably just that.

If you have VM broadband - which is a requirement - and you've had your current package a while, then you may be able to negotiate a box-swap to the V6. It runs the same software as the TiVo, but on much newer hardware with a few extra benefits (6 recording tuners rather than 3, among others). As an example, the V6 will usually start streaming an iPlayer programme in about 15 seconds from pressing "play now" in the V6 guide.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

pammybabe
Tuning in

Thanks,  I shall have to try and speak to someone at Virgin, that’s if I can get through on the phone.

Hi pammybabe,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to hear you are finding your TV box slow.

I have had a look at your services our end using the details we have for you and cannot see any issues at all, your levels are all well within spec and all in the green

As the TiVo box has its own built in connection and is a older box it can seem slower in comparison to our newer offers, if you wish to discuss your upgrade options you can call us or you can sign into your online account under my offers and see what is available there?

Regards

Paul.