cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box in bedroom won’t connect to new hub 5

Anji1
Joining in

I received a new hub 5 a couple of weeks ago and since then the TiVo box upstairs says it’s not connected to the internet. I can watch and record upstairs as before but can’t watch catch up or anything recorded on the box downstairs. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you please clarify which TV box you have? If you're not sure, check here 

It matters because if you genuinely have a TiVo, then it has an inbuilt internet connection and your homehub has nothing to do with this problem.

Do you get any error messages/codes when you try to stream programmes between your 2 boxes? That will also give a clue as to what might be going on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Anji1

Sorry to hear of the problems with your set top box, we understand the concern this can cause and appreciate you raising this via the forums.

From looking at the account this is a V6 box so unfortunately as japitts explained in his post, doesn't have the internal connection option. From looking at the box on your account it is currently showing as offline. Can you ensure the box is switched on and follow these steps via the menu 

TiVo/V6 setting help - Home, help and settings, Settings, Network, Connect to the Virgin Media service now

Please let us know how this goes.

Rob