cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box having to restart every day

Jaselpool
Joining in

Hi I’m having issues with our TiVo box have to restart every morning as the feed to all channels is stuttering. Restarting fixes it but shouldn’t have to restart every morning - any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you say the picture is stuttering, do you mean you have breakup and/or pixellation? If so...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi yeah stuttering as in the picture is lagging until I reset the box happens every day sometimes more than once

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Jaselpool,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your TV box at the moment.

I have looked into this and can see that a technician visit would need to be raised to resolve this.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Jaselpool.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign in to My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard.

Regards,

Steven_L