cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box died

Ellaye
On our wavelength

Hi everyone

We have 3 Virgin Media boxes, two V6 ones and a very old TiVo box. As of yesterday the TiVo has completely given up the ghost and I’m sure needs replacing, hopefully with another V6 box. I have tried to get through on the phone to customer service but only got frustrated that I couldn’t talk to anyone 😡. This box is used a lot and is inconvenient to have it not working. Please tell me how I can arrange for someone to come and look at it and hopefully replace it 🙏. You used to be able to just phone 150 and get to talk to someone; now it seems to be all automated and they want to run tests on the equipment to see what the problem is, suggest you look online for help etc but sometimes old set top boxes just need replacing! Would be very grateful for any assistance. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry to ask, but to save the staff team the question... when you say "completely given up the ghost", do you mean it won't switch on?

VM staff do respond on here, but it's likely to be a couple of days and calling is usually quicker if you can persist and be patient... after you've chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", just ignore all the other options to "get a link", "go online" and whatever else - press nothing, just wait and you should join the queue.

As for any replacement, yes it will be a V6 now. TiVo are no longer supported for fault replacements.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry to ask, but to save the staff team the question... when you say "completely given up the ghost", do you mean it won't switch on?

VM staff do respond on here, but it's likely to be a couple of days and calling is usually quicker if you can persist and be patient... after you've chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", just ignore all the other options to "get a link", "go online" and whatever else - press nothing, just wait and you should join the queue.

As for any replacement, yes it will be a V6 now. TiVo are no longer supported for fault replacements.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ellaye
On our wavelength
Ok thank you, I will try calling again. It won’t switch on or do anything. Tried resetting but it won’t even do that, lots of lights flash on and off but nothing happens!

Ellaye
On our wavelength
I did call 150 again and I got to speak to someone without going through the whole process because they could tell that I’d already called, which was very helpful! They are going to send a new V6 box 👍
Thank you.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update Ellaye however many apologies for the experience faced.

Let us know if there are any issues with this.

Take care,

Kain

Ellaye
On our wavelength
Thank you Kain. Sadly the box does not appear to have been sent 🙁 so I need to get back in touch. We haven’t had any confirmation and no orders are showing on the account.

Hello Ellaye,

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your missing box 
I can look into this for you and get this sent out.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L