cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box beeping and TV states “starting up” constantly

Rsw1
Joining in

My mothers TiVo box has stopped working and stuck on starting up screen, also the box has a constant beeping. I have turned the box off at the wall socket for 1 minute but the fault remains. Any advise appreciated before i spend a year of my life on hold?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Rsw1 

I forgot to add, if you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. 

Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services, often taking 4 to 6 hours, but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Rsw1 

Sorry to read about the issues with your mam's box. Unfortunately any box that keeps restarting will need replacing

I know it's not what you wanted to hear but you can either phone it in, or wait a few days for a member of the forum team to pick this up.

If phoning then it's either150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, or option 2 (Faults)  You could also try freephone 0800 952 2277 (cancellations) 

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

The best time to call is around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Rsw1 

I forgot to add, if you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. 

Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services, often taking 4 to 6 hours, but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hey there @Rsw1, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about your mothers TV box having an issue.
I will certainly look in to this for you.
I will send you a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs