cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo V6 and Samsung TV sound delay/synching.

arlowood
Up to speed

Recently acquired a new Samsung QLED TV to replace an earlier model. With the earlier model we had the TV connected directly to the V6 as normal with the standard HDMI cable and the audio was provided by a modest Logik soundbar connected to the TV via an optical output cable. This worked flawlessly in terms of sound/picture synching.

With the new TV I set it up in the same way with HDMI from the V6 to the TV and an optical output from the TV to the soundbar (Made sure the TV audio was set to PCM)

This seems to work OK most of the time but there is a very slight impression that the lip synching is not quite 100%. What is more worrying is that every so often the lip synching goes haywire and the delay is very noticeable to the point where it is unwatchable. If I turn off the V6, TV and soundbar and turn them back on again it seems to cure the problem but I am constantly on alert for it drifting off again and it's driving me nuts.

I have thought of two approaches and would welcome your comments.

First one is simple and would cost nothing and that is to connect the V6 directly to the soundbar with the optical cable (have read that there is an optical output connector on the V6 box).

The second could be more costly as my soundbar does not have an HDMI input socket. I am thinking that I could get a new soundbar with an HDMI input and hook that up to the HDMI ARC  output from the TV in the hope that the HDMI connection would be less likely to suffer from these lip synching delay issues.

Any thoughts or am I barking up the wrong tree

1 REPLY 1

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @arlowood

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, just to double check - if you completely unplug the soundbar and the V6 box just runs through the TV, do you experience any sound delay / sync issue then?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs