cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo Transfer recordings

PollyDee64
Tuning in

Hi! 
Can anyone please help re transferring my recorded programmes from our old TiVo to our new TiVo?

I started to join up on the TiVo website, but that only seems to relate to the USA!

Would I need to reconnect my old TiVo again and save the recordings somehow?

Thanks in advance!

PaulaX 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's a simple one to answer - you can't do it, not via any published means at any rate.

You've not said the reason for needing to, but it sounds like you've had a fault replacement? If your "old TiVo" has been deactivated, it probably won't even bootup anymore.

In short, any recordings on your "old TiVo" are lost.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PollyDee64,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I am very sorry that you're having some issues with moving your old TiVo recordings to your new TV box,

As @japitts suggested, unfortunately we're unable to move old recordings from your old TV box onto the new one. I do apologise fort the inconvenience caused and I do understand that this is not ideal.

You can read more about Your Recordings on our website if you'd like. 

Please get back in touch with us if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PollyDee64 wrote:

Hi! 
Can anyone please help re transferring my recorded programmes from our old TiVo to our new TiVo?

I started to join up on the TiVo website, but that only seems to relate to the USA!

Would I need to reconnect my old TiVo again and save the recordings somehow?

Thanks in advance!

PaulaX 

Virgin's agreements with the broadcasters do not allow for any form of copying of recordings, only that they can be live streamed to another device. Also recordings are classed as temporary for time shifting purposes only, not as an archive.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks