cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo Remote broken

lynng3107
Joining in

The remote for my TiVo is on its last legs.  I’ve tried phoning and couldn’t get to speak to a human. I’ve tried using the links on the website, but for the past few weeks it said ‘Oops that page isn’t available at the moment’ I don’t think the remote iss going to last much longer. I know I can download an app on my phone, but don’t want to use that all the time.  Anyone any idea how to contact Virgin to get a new TV remote control.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @lynng3107 

Did you try using the links by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page?

Then click on Check your service status, scroll down and click on the TV navigation link and My Remote isn't working and follow the instructions.

If ypou get the error message again (generally happens in Chrome) either clear the cache and cookies,  open a new incognito window, or try a different browser, Edge nd Firefox seem to work OK.

If you call150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, select option Faults it'st best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or around tea time.

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of Replacement Remote to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few hours. 

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for  you, but it could be a couple of days.

In the meantime download the app as a temporary solution.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi lynng3107,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any issues you've had in getting a replacement remote. 

I have been able to locate your account and from what I can see, it looks as though you have been able to get this sorted.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

^Martin