Menu
Gowser
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Remote Question

Hi on a virgin TiVo box remote can I extend the time between inputting the channel numbers ie 1 0 3  as my 94 year old mum only understands inputting the channel no’s to change channels, and at present you only have about 3 seconds between number inputs on the key pad, if not I will have to reprogram my mum !!

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Remote Question

Hi can you not try and explain the operation of the TV guide for her while you are with her as it is so simple and easy just one press of the guide button.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Gowser
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Remote Question

Hi Micky thanks for the reply but unfortunately my mothers retention of new processes at 94 is nil,she is used to the HD+box which is being withdrawn and for the past 10 years she has been changing the channels by number input. And to add to the problem she has Macular Degeneration (Visual Impairment) and the Buttons on the TIvo are smaller, The ideal situation would be as you suggest is for her to use the Guide button / Channel up / down buttons etc. so it looks like it’s not possible to extend the time between inputting the number buttons I will need to persevere with programming my mum as suggested

0 Kudos