cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo Reboot

pete_at_home
Up to speed

I wish VM would at least post when they plan to reboot my box.  It’s been working fine and suddenly rebooted while watching tv.

not sure if it was software update but will definitely check with video engineering guys tomorrow.

very irritating. 

pete. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most planned software reboots are overnight, precisely because of the situation you describe.

If your box is rebooting more than "occasionally" during the day, it may have a fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most planned software reboots are overnight, precisely because of the situation you describe.

If your box is rebooting more than "occasionally" during the day, it may have a fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Pete,

Sorry to hear of the problems with the set top box rebooting, thanks for taking the time to raise this via the forums.

We've taken a look at the equipment and there doesn't appear to be any issue we can see, it's been a few days since your post so we were just checking to see if this is something that has happened again since posting?

Let us know.

Rob