Menu
PaulBidwell3200
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Optical Output

I cannot get any TV sound from my home theatre (Samsung) following connection of a new optical cable fron my TiVo box. The home theatre surround sound works fine playing Blu Ray and worked before when connected to a BT Vision receiver! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Optical Output

Normally you install an optical cable from TV to your sound system 

0 Kudos
PaulBidwell3200
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have tried that as well but although I can connect cables to other devices my Toshiba TV won’t allow cable to click home! 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi in that case are you sure it's an optical port, as there is nothing to go wrong, has it got the words optical out on it.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
PaulBidwell3200
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Finally got optical cable connected. The black dust cap on the TV for cable had come off leaving the spring preventing connection. Lifted this out of the way and the cable snapped into place. 

However, surround sound still doesn’t work from my TV! Cable shows red light, is successfully connected to my home cinema system but no sound. The home theatre system on its own works great, could it be tbe quslity if the cable? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi PaulBidwell3200,

Thank you for your post, sorry to hear you've been having issues setting up your sound system. I'm glad you've now managed to get your cables connected, there's a few things I'd like to check with you so I can advise further.

First of all, please could you confirm how you have everything connected? e.g. TiVo to TV, home theatre to TiVo, BluRay to TV. Could you also let me know whether you're still getting sound when using BluRay or has this gone now too?

If your BluRay player is still working, have you tried swapping the inputs to test whether this is the issue?

Have you checked that the audio settings on your TiVo are correct? You would do this via Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio > Dolby Digital.

Don't forget that you can only control your sound system with the TiVo remote if you have it connected to the box. Any audio equipment connected directly to the TV would still need its own controls.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos