cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo Netflix connection

Jk35
Tuning in

Hoping someone can advise. I have old TiVo box. It has stable network connection until I try to use Netflix at which point after about 5 mins the connection fails. (Green light starts flashing).
I have tried connecting via Ethernet cable without success. Internet connection via WiFi or cable at same spot is stable and fast so not sure what else we can try. I have also tried to stabilise the network connection in the settings without any improvement. 

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Tivos suck unfortunately, a box upgrade would fix it or perhaps if you bought a fire stick for your tv

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the green light on the front-left is flashing, that means the TiVo's internal net connection has failed, which is a fault and merits (most likely) a box replacement.

Unfortunately for you, the original TiVo box doesn't have WiFi and the Ethernet connection is only for enabling Muiltiroom streaming, so it's doing nothing for your failed internet connection - the only fix for this is a tech visit and/or replacement box.

jb66 has made a valid point about the age of the TiVo - if you have VM broadband (which is a requirement), than you could do a lot worse than consider having your TiVo swapped for a V6 box. It runs the same software as you're used to, but on much newer & more capable hardware with additional recording tuners and streaming facilities.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks