cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo Box Pause Problem

awr1946
Dialled in

My TiVo box pauses ok but when it restarts it doesn’t start from the point I paused it but moves on further in the programme I’m watching so I have to rewind to see what I’ve missed.

I'm only pausing it for a few minutes.

This has happened before and it’s just started happening again.

Can you help to resolve this please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this on recordings, paused TV or both?

Sounds like early on-set HDD issues to me. It will likely end with your TiVo being replaced.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this on recordings, paused TV or both?

Sounds like early on-set HDD issues to me. It will likely end with your TiVo being replaced.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, it happens on both recordings and live tv

Hey @awr1946,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having at the moment and it does seem that there is an issue with your box that might result in the box needing to be replaced, we will need to send out a technician to look into this further for you.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @awr1946.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about this on your online account by clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven

Hi @awr1946, you are welcome! We are here to help. 

If you can also come back to us to update the thread following your appointment we will be able to offer any further support if needed.

Hope it goes well! All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly,

it seems to have righted itself so I cancelled the engineer visit as I didn’t want to pay if it was ok after all.    We’re going to regularly check, it may be an intermittent fault. If it comes up again I’ll re-book an engineer.

Good to hear it seems to have sorted itself awr1946,

Do let us know if you have any further problems.

Alex_Rm