Menu
sjdg
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVO remote control

Got a new TiVo box partly by accident as customer service sent it to me when I had a problem with the existing box which turned out to be an area fault. TiVo was downloaded and works well. However, I do not have a remote for it which is limiting as not all functionality is available. So Virgin can you please send me my remote as promised and in the meantime can you advise how I can set my favourites on TiVo using another remote ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVO remote control

To get a remote phone 150 and select tv faults, let it run it's tests and eventually a human will answer

0 Kudos
sjdg
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes eventually but I will wait till daytime cos in the evening I get put through to overseas service which caused the problem in the first place. Is there any way a standard remote can replicate all the features of TiVo

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

nope, you need a tivo remote

0 Kudos
cvnmv_mum
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I have been a loyal Virgin customer with 4 Tivo boxes for over 10 years. 

I have a phone phobia. Would it be possible for you to send me a new Tivo remote please as one of mine has stopped working?

have got one this way before,

thanks Christina

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Christina,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear you remote is no longer working. I would just like to check a few things if you don't mind.

• Have you tried another set of batteries?
  • Are they in the correct way round?
  • If you have another remote does this work on the box?

I see you have called in about your service and an engineer is booked in for you, our engineers do carry spares on their van so they would be able to provide you with a new one if still not working.

Don't forget to come back and let us know how the visit goes via your thread Smiley Happy 
Many Thanks,
Louise
Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
cvnmv_mum
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louise,

Thanks for responding, the remote is definitely broken, it has been dropped too many times.

The visit never happened so I didn't get a chance to ask for a remote.

On the 29th of May after a bad storm our services went down. There was no internet, no TV services on any of my 3 TV’s upstairs, no On Demand or Netflix and very limited TV downstairs which was very pixilated.

I phoned on the 30th of May after many service checks and reboots and arranged for an engineer to visit on the 4th of June. This was the earliest available appointment time.

After getting a day off work I waited in all day on the 4th and nobody attended. I checked the website and my appointment wasn’t there. When I phoned up I couldn’t believe it when I was told that I had text and cancelled my appointment the day before on Sunday the 3rd from a phone number that has been out of service over 2 years ago!!! This was a blatant lie, I was very annoyed. I spoke to my neighbour at 4a (I'm 4) in case the numbers had been mixed up and they told me their services were also down. I was told all they could do was re-book the appointment.

When the engineer attended next door on the 5th (I didn't feel like I could ask him for a remote as it was next doors appointment) he said it was a problem outside and a different engineer needs to attend so we all had to wait another day. (We didn't see this engineer) My neighbour the other side also had problems. It was finally mended on the 6th of June. (I text to cancel my other booking)

We had 8 days without any services during school holidays. I had a day off work when the engineer didn’t turn up. My mobile phone bill was also £33 extra as I need the internet for my eBay business. My 10 year old grandson also used the internet on his mobile (we didn’t know) so we have had another £20 extra to pay.

All that was credited to my account was £21.90 which is not enough to cover all the loss of service, time off work, inconvenience and expense.

I bet your regretting asking how the visit went now!

Any chance you could send my that remote please?

Thanks, Christina

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Christina,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me on this.

I'm really sorry to hear about what has happened. When we book an appointment with you we should be checking the mobile contact number is correct as you would get a text message to confirm the appointment and we advise to only reply to this if you wish to cancel the engineer visit. I can only apologise if we had not checked the number with you when booking the appointment.

I'm sorry that you had to use alternative for internet access which has cost you extra, unfortunately we would not cover the cost of these, nor would we cover loss of earnings. As per our credit policy guidelines we only cover for loss of service from the date reported to the day it is resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

As you have advised the remote is no longer working due to being dropped too many times, this would usually be a chargeable item. Due to the problems you have experienced I would be willing to send this out to you free of charge.

I would also like to log our interaction to register your dissatisfaction and to do this I will need to confirm some information with you.

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos