cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 box stuck on Welcome screen

nwvm
Tuning in

I've been using the new TV360 box without issue for a couple of weeks. Yesterday it rebooted while I was watching TV, but returned to normal quickly.

Today it hung while watching BT Sport Ultimate, rebooted itself, but wouldn't progress past the Welcome screen.

Got it working again by powering off, removing and replacing power cable, powering on, but after a few hours it's done the same thing and won't get past Welcome no matter what I try. It did briefly get further to show me a channel list, but wouldn't display any TV channels and locked up when I typed in a channel number to see if it'd help.

Any suggestions on key combinations to do a soft or hard reset? Tried powering on with power + key held down but didn't do anything different.

5 REPLIES 5

paul0363
Rising star

The only way to factory reset as far as I can tell is from within the menus.  You’d need to get it up and running then go to Settings (cog at end of Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.  

With the 360 you won’t lose your recordings (or most of your settings) by factory resetting.

I left the power cable unplugged for 40 mins, then reconnected and it booted normally first time.

If it happens again I'll do as you suggest and perform a reset within the menu - provided I can get there... For it to have happened several times over the last 24 hours I'm thinking it's likely.

Box screwed up again, despite a factory reset. Now lasts for 10-30 mins each time then locks up and restarts, but gets stuck on the Welcome screen. A power cable pull and replacement is worth a shot. It doesn't matter if I'm watching live TV, a recording or on demand. Tried multiple restarts and same behaviour.

I've brought the mini 360 box from upstairs to downstairs and it's working fine. 

Guess I'll be asking Virgin Media to provide a replacement asap unless there are any who've had a similar experience and found a workaround?

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
your box is broken. Please call in

I phoned in and was told that they could see the errors my main 360 box was showing, but that there was also a fault in my area that was affecting Internet and TV, so asked that I perceiver.

I was very sceptical, that a regional fault could result in random crashes, reboots and hangs at startup of a 360 box, but, I was wrong. It's been running fine since middle of last week, so I guess all is good again. I will continue to monitor but many thanks to VM for resolving whatever the root cause was.