Menu
kla1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV pixellation

I have been receiving a really bad signal on several channels which has been going on for ages.  I have spent the past few days calling VM who run checks, ask me to reset my router (also experiencing slow broadband speed - separate issue). They refuse to send out an engineer. have said they will send a new HDMI cable (not yet received but fairly sure this is not the issue). Despite assurances from VM that there is no issue their end, while I was on the phone I was watching one of the bad channels at the time to prove it! 

I have called every day for the past four days to no avail.  My broadband is even worse since the fix!  Continually dropping out on all devices.  Smart TV is hopeless now,  TV constant pixelation - making it unwatchable at times.  What am I paying for!?

I've been with VM since the 90's when it was Cabletel!

I even tried using the text service.  Message sent Friday and today received a reply saying they were busy and did I still want help!!  Four days later!

How do I get my issues resolved?  Currently on hold once again to VM to try and speak to someone but thought I'd try here too!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV pixellation

Hi kla1,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for your post. We are very sorry to hear you have been trying to contact the team without any real success, we would certainly like to assist you further. Before we do so, can we confirm if you have any further contact from the team so we are all up to date? Please keep us posted.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Cavejames9
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've been having the same issue, only on certain channels, mainly sky sports hd, even on recordings of sshd channels so can't even switch to sd to watch. Tried live chat to be told essentially to turn off and on again, no change, use different cables, no change. Makes you wonder why you pay so much for a headache and blurred vision. Next option is fingers crossed and hope for the best. 

SandraH334
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’m having the same problem on Eurosport HD, can’t reboot the box as it’s currently recording British Superbikes. Strange how it doesn’t appear to be happening on live TV only on the recording😡

0 Kudos
Sugarsweet
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cartoon Network has been having the same problems. At times it is unwatchable

0 Kudos
kla1
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well after making further daily calls and being told several times to reset my router (even reassured me that it would 'definitely' fix the problem and when  I said I doubt it as I have tried it before he promised to call me back within half an hour.  Needless to say, he didn't!  and it didn't fix the problem either.  I eventually on the umpteenth call got the agreement that an engineer would be sent out to me.

Needless to say, he ended up 6 hours late out of the original 8 - 12 slot allocated.  But at least once he attended he took the issues very seriously.  He found a superfluous splitter still in the system and an additional element in the system which he said would be affecting the frequency received.  He also identified that the router that I had been supplied with last year when I upgraded to the new Tivo 6 box was actually reconditioned!!!!!  He replaced it with a new one and hey presto the Wifi was constant (no continuous dropping out), the broadband speed improved and the pixelation has become minimal (only very occasional now).  My question is: why was I supplied with a reconditioned item when expecting to be paying, in my upgrade, for a decent system.  This is clearly why I have been having issues for months and months.  I have called so many times over the months about it and was fobbed off every time.  I have paid for something I clearly have not been receiving.  I will be taking this further.

Perhaps get them to look at your router - seems to have fixed my issues! (fingers crossed it continues!)

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi pixalating normaly points to signal level issues phone and go down the Tv faults route they can check the levels while you are on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to come to you and adjust the signal levels.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
kla1
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, they said all of that and checked it all and reported that everything looked ok their end.  Despite me doing this for days and asking for an engineer to actually come out, I was constantly fobbed off.  It took so many phone calls for them to actually agree to sending an engineer.  My reckoning (and the engineer's) is that the router was causing the issues.  Had it been new originally I doubt I would have been having those issues.  Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good Evening Kla1,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see that this was a frustrating process for you.

How's the service looking now? Are you still experiencing the pixellation issue at all?

Kindest regards, David_Bn

0 Kudos