cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelated but engineer no show

DancinDiva
Up to speed

My VM TV picture has been pixellated for a while and has recently got worse so that I can't use the VM TV service or TiVo recordings either. (BTW I have tried unplugging, rebooting, service status, testing etc.)

I phoned VM on Thursday (and got through quite quickly for a change!) and after more tests, an engineer appointment was booked for 30/11. I received a text from the VM help team to confirm this.

So I was pleased to receive another text offering an earlier service on Saturday so I replied YES and received a text back " Great! We'll book that in for you now". But having waited in especially for the 3 hour appointment slot yesterday, no engineer turned up. I phoned 150 and the automated message says my appointment is still for 30/11.

So the 'earlier service' wasn't actually booked in and I have wasted 3 hours of my time staying in when I could have gone out for a meal. Who do I contact to complain about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DancinDiva 

There is a link to the Complaints dept on the following page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DancinDiva 

There is a link to the Complaints dept on the following page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, Dave. 

(And the link and submission of the complaint form actually worked this time instead of error 404 which has happened so often in the past).

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also check whether you're entitled to a "missed appointment" payment under the auto-compensation scheme...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation 

It's worth noting that the staff team on here can often resolve service-related complaints a lot quicker & with less hassle, than the complaints route can - but you're perfectly entitled to use either/or

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I didn't know there was such a scheme - I hope it works.