cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV guide not updating

Oscars
Tuning in

Hi, most of the channels on my TV guide are showing as "To Be Announced" . Tried switching her off and on, restart through the help and settings menu. Channels all seem to be working okay, but I've no guide.

Any ideas? Ta

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Oscars 

This sounds like an internet connection error.

Look on the front-left of your set top box.

There should be 3 green lights. The middle of the 3, next to a heart symbol, is the "heartbeat" light which indicates the internet connection.

This should be solid, if it's flashing  it's not connected or searching for a connection.

Go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network connection. When was the last successful connection?

Click on  "Connect to Virgin Media service" and wait around 30 minutes before rechecking, what does it say?

Hopefully it will have reconnected and all will be working again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Viewing OnDemand programmes is also a good test of whether your TiVo has a working internet connection - this is used to download EPG updates.

The manual network connections process described above forces a manual EPG download that should happen automatically every 6 hours.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you. That's fixed it. Cheers