Menu
hagus
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV connect to Virgin Media Service-Keeps asking and I connect but still no TV guide?

I have been on holiday for two weeks and my TV keeps asking to connect to Virgin media service which I do but the TV guide still says "to be announced" what am I doing wrong.  I have a Tivo box 6 downstairs and Tivo box upstairs?

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV connect to Virgin Media Service-Keeps asking and I connect but still no TV guide?

Is it the TiVo or the V6 whose TV guide isn't populated? The advice does differ depending which one - the TiVo has its connection built in, whereas the V6 relies on a link to your VM broadband.

0 Kudos
hagus
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV connect to Virgin Media Service-Keeps asking and I connect but still no TV guide?

Its the Tivo box thats not giving me the TV guide

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so your TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection delivered on the same cable as your TV service - that your live TV is working ok proves the physical connection as ok. You can go into Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network and check when the last succesful network connection was. This should complete every 5-6 hours on a periodic cycle, and if one fails, this screen will tell you when and why. You can also try "connect to Virgin service now" and give the box 15-20minutes then go back in and check.

It could be a problem with the modem internal to your box, it could be a problem with the virtual connection at VM's end. Either way, the fix is the same - it's a fault with your TV service so call VM and report it. It may need an engineer visit or they may be able to resolve it while you wait on the phone.

0 Kudos