cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Picture Pixelated Tivo box

IanL3
On our wavelength

Hi  - My TV picture has been pixelated for some weeks. Have rebooted box numerous times, used to improve picture but only for a few hours, doesn't even do that now. Have done all the checks re tight connections etc.  Ran the VM TV status app yesterday, no improvement  They said signal reception problem wait 24 hours to see if they could fix it then contact them if no improvement. After 24 hours no improvement. This appears to be the only way to contact them other than by phone. Any advice please. Many thanks

13 REPLIES 13

IanL3
On our wavelength

I've had this problem for more than 2 months now. I keep being given a fix date but no improvement. When I phone 150 there is a message saying they can't respond until they have fixed the main problem in my area which they say is complex and will take longer than usual to fix.. I have Virgin TV/Broadband/Phone. I have no problem with their phone and broadband. Would there be any problem with me keeping the Virgin phone and broadband but ditching their TV and having Sky TV instead.? As far as I can see they use completely separate infrastructure so there wouldn't be any compatibility issues.

Hi Ian,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to hear you are still facing issues with your TV pixelating which has been going on almost 2 Months, there is as advise an area issue which is a SNR signal to noise ratio, this is caused by an exposed or faulty cable, this was first logged on 14/02/22 and the estimated fix time is 04/04/22, please give until this has been resolved, if you do continue to have the same issue we can look further into this and discuss your options.

Regards

Paul.

IanL3
On our wavelength

Hi Paul, I don't know how big the "area" is that you refer to but Open Reach have been doing a lot of work in our Close over the last couple of months, also City Fibre on a couple of occasions. I don't know if they share cable routes with Virgin.  Cheers, Ian

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

BT OpenReach & Virgin Media occasionally share cable ducts, but that's the limit.

They operate completely independent & separate networks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks