cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Picture Pixelated Tivo box

IanL3
On our wavelength

Hi  - My TV picture has been pixelated for some weeks. Have rebooted box numerous times, used to improve picture but only for a few hours, doesn't even do that now. Have done all the checks re tight connections etc.  Ran the VM TV status app yesterday, no improvement  They said signal reception problem wait 24 hours to see if they could fix it then contact them if no improvement. After 24 hours no improvement. This appears to be the only way to contact them other than by phone. Any advice please. Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @IanL3,

There is an SNR issue in your area at the moment, so that you might find that along with your TV issues that your voice and Virgin TV services are also intermittent, we are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

The current estimated fix date and time is Feb 21st at 09:30am.

Regards,

Steven_L

IanL3
On our wavelength

Hi, Yes I do have a Tivo box similar to the one in your photo. 

IanL3
On our wavelength

I give up. Rebooted the box numerous times 0  Can't get them on the phone, used their app several times and they admit there's a problem but then before connecting with someone on the chat line I keep getting asked the same robotic repeated questions about, name, account number, email address etc etc going round in circles.   Haven't had a consistently good tv picture from Virgin for about 2 months. The sports channels are unwatchable 50% of the time  A lot of the time I'm watching bbc and itv off my roof aerial. I'm going to reluctantly leave the Virgin tv service, it's just not worth the money.

Hi @IanL3, thanks for your post although I'm really sorry things haven't improved for you yet.

I just wanted to provide an update on the congestion issue that Stephen previously mentioned, that we believe is causing the pixelation you're experiencing.

Unfortunately after checking our systems, the issue is still ongoing and the estimated fix time has been moved to (at the time of writing) 2nd March 2022 at approximately 9:20am.

Please let us know if you're having problems after this time and we'll happily look into this further for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

IanL3
On our wavelength

Hi,  I'm afraid the pixelation is as bad as ever. There are occasional periods of an hour or two when reception is ok but 90% of the time there is pixelation, much of the time unwatchable. I have checked tightness of all connections, rebooted box numerous times, tried connecting to all 3 HDMI ports. On one occasion 2 days ago an error message appeared asking me to reboot, error code (W02).

IanL3 (1145am, 2nd March)

IanL3
On our wavelength

Hi Tom_W,

Further to my previous reply there is still no improvement. This is the picture I'm having to put up with most of the time. IanL3

IanL3_1-1646317012755.png

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would recommend you calling into faults if your picture is that bad - some errors should be evident on remote diagnostics, and you should get a tech booked whilst you're on the phone.

I will escalate this thread to forum staff as it seems to have slipped through the net a little - this should get you a quicker response than would otherwise be likely. But I'd still recommend calling in if possible.

Edited to add that, if there is still an area-SNR fault, CS staff may have issues booking a tech visit because of the area problem. That certainly won't be helping your symptoms and there are valid CS-system reasons for this often blocking additional faults being logged. But there should usually be an override available where it's obvious it's necessary.

Thanks for coming back to us @IanL3, I have looked into this and can see that there is still an SNR fault in your area, this is logged under reference F009639584 and currently has an estimated fix date of 7th March at 1pm. We would be unable to book a technician, when the area fault is ongoing. 

Regards,

Steven_L