cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Issues

Stephen1961
Joining in

I have had issues with a number of TV channels pixelating for about three months. To be honest the only one that really affects me is BBC News which I normally watch every day, but I have been putting of phoning Virgin Media for obvious reasons! I took the plunge today however and the service unfortunately was as expected. on the first occasion I did not have the option to speak to an agent. VM concluded the call with a email giving helpful? advice which they said also included details of how I could book an engineer online. Unfortunately the email would not open.

On the second call I spoke to an agent who went through all the usual checks etc. She concluded that there may be a fault in the area and that I should phone back in a few hours time! I tried to tell her that I had three boxes and the fault only affected one of them, the problem had been going on for months and that all of my other services were fine. She would not however take any of this into account in her diagnosis. 

There is obviously a fault with the box and I need to get a replacement or arrange an engineer's visit. On the VM site there are lots of mentions of booking an engineer online but I can't find the link. Does anyone know where this is please? I am trying to avoid phoning VM again if possible! I am starting to think that my £100 plus a month could be better spent elsewhere! Thanks for your help. 

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a standard answer for all pixellation queries that applies here, but amended slightly for "only one box is affected"

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them. In your case, if you have multiple boxes and only one is affected, the chances are there's no external fault and it's either a cabling or box issue. Please try swapping the "faulty" box for another one in your home - see if the problem follows the box to the new location, or remains in the same room with a different box. That'll prove whether the box is the problem, or your internal cabling.

Normally calling in should be the quickest way to report this fault, but alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stephen1961

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the pixellation issue you are having with just one of your TV boxes. I would like to arrange for an engineer visit to get the box and replace if it's faulty. I shall send you a private message to confirm your address and we can get this booked in for you.

Best wishes,

Serena