cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Interference

RadioactiveKid
On our wavelength

Hi, 

I seem to be getting interference & pixelisation on some of my TV channels. We have noticed BT Sport 1 and BBC News for sure. We have 2 boxes, 1 upstairs also, but the channels are fine through that box, just with the downstairs box. For a longtime we haven’t been able to watch something upstairs, recorded downstairs like we could when Virgin Media was first installed. 
Can anyone help please.. Thanks in advance 

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The standard answer to all pixellation queries, amended slightly for "only one box is affected"...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

If only one box in your home is affected, then that probably eliminates an external fault and it's likely to be caused either by the box or the internal cabling. Please swap your 2 boxes around, and see if the fault follows the box or remains with the room.

Once you know whether the box or the cabling is likely fault, ideally you'll need to call VM to report your issue.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, I will try that.. 😊👍

Hello RadioactiveKid

Sorry to hear of the problems with the pixilation on some of your channels, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From looking at the account I can see two set top boxes, both are showing as online but one is unreachable which may be the cause of the issue. This will need a technician visit so I will send you a Private Message to arrange this for you.

Thanks

Rob

Thanks for the update RadioactiveKid, that's quite bizarre but glad to hear swapping the boxes and back again has resolved the channel issue. From looking both set top boxes are now showing as offline and unreachable so I have booked in a visit for a tech to take a closer look.

You cna find the details of the visit via your online account or here Please let me know if this isn't suitable or if anyone is shielding in the property at present, I can look to reschedule the appointment but as this was the earliest we could arrange, any changes may delay the visit.

Rob

Thanks Rob, that’s really good of you. The appointment is perfect, I’m here.. 

Great service, a refreshing pleasure in today’s world.. 👍

@RadioactiveKid Thank you for the lovely feedback 🙂

How did the visit go?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha,

Yes, all went well thanks. The technician detected a fault in the TiVo box causing (intermittent) interference. Box replaced, problem solved. 
Consider the case closed now, fantastic service.. 😊

Hello @RadioactiveKid,

Thank you for the update! I am glad to see that this has been resolved.

Have a nice day!

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide