Menu
fuchsia
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Box is starting up on its own

My Tivo Box has taken to starting up of its own accord. This morning, Monday morning and some time last week in the early morning when it happened for the first time.

The box used to do updates in the middle of the night (2am ish) but always turned itself off.

What is causing this?

0 Kudos
fuchsia
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Box is starting up on its own

And AGAIN this morning. I connect the box to a dac and amp which I rarely turn off. So when the Virgin box starts up the audio can be heard loud and clear even when the tv is off.

0 Kudos
fuchsia
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

And again at 05.51am this morning. I happened to have fallen asleep on the sofa and woke up as the box was "Starting up", not waking up. Why is it doing this?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Two things turn off auxiliary equipment and it's very common for updates to take place , otherwise your system won't work properly put things on standby not live then you won't have a problem.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
furie
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same issue over the last few weeks.

Same as Fuchsia, it's early morning (between 03:00 and 04:00 for me) and it turns on my soundbar. The soundbar is designed to be in standby unless it receives a new signal. So the Tivo box coming out of standby to do whatever it's doing, causes the soundbar to automatically switch on.

The only way around it is to either physically unplug the Tivo or the soundbar. It hasn't always been doing this - it's a very recent thing.

To make it worse, it doesn't come onto the last channel I was watching. Otherwise I could put it onto BBC 4 or something that doesn't broadcast overnight.

Instead, it comes onto the "VIRGIN ADVERTISING, WITH VERY LOUD WITH LOTS OF BOOMS AND LOUD MUSIC AT THREE AM" channel. Which wakes up the entire house.

Something has changed - I would like it change back again.

0 Kudos