Menu
Adriantapp411
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TIVO running really slow

Hi there, our Tivo box is running really slow over the last week, we have reset the box a few times and still no better. just get a spinning wheel on screen for up to 5 minutes some time when trying to play or watch something, or change channel, or even setting up a recording.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO running really slow

Hi Adriantapp411,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having TiVo® trouble.

There's a little trick you can try to help speed up the box by clearing unnecessary background data.

To do this, just go to the Home screen and on the remote control press Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, Play, Play. The screen will go blank for a few seconds while the cache is being cleared. Once the screen comes back on, you should notice the box speed up!

Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same problem and used the same solution, but now a few weeks later it is the same. It doesnt seem like resetting the machine is the solution since those settings are partially memory for what you watch and suggestions for future shows.

My sense is that the old Tivo machine is simply not able to keep up

I have two of them, and they are the same, 2 seconds to change channels and all the other delays is not really usable speaking usability of tech.

0 Kudos
vircom
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Clearing the cache is a very short term solution and does not always help. No offence but it is a bit of an insult to customers intelligence to expect them to believe otherwise. What is needed is a long term solution or replacement.
0 Kudos
Adriantapp411
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh, thanks for the tip, have now tried this several times, and my box does absolutely nothing, just stays on the home screen, I've tried doing it fast and slow, no joy??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adriantapp411,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We're currently aware of an issue with TiVo® boxes causing slow response. While our technicians are working on this, we have a few workarounds you can try if clearing the cache doesn't work.

The next step is to try clearing Thumbs and Suggestion data.

• Select Help & Settings
  • Select Clear or reset TiVo box
  • Select Clear thumb ratings and Suggestions 
  • Enter Pin
  • Press thumbs down 3 times and then last channel

Let me know how it goes. Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos