cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIVO box recordings picture pixelated

davidbalerno
Dialled in

Watched programmes recorded on BBC channels last night and there is much pixelating, sometimes in wide horizontal strips. Watching BBC live was not affected. I note a recent similar problem was fixed by Virgin. Or is it likely to be my box? Have rebooted, checked cables etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey davidbalerno, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are suffering from some pixilation.

Did you manage to try what has been suggested to you? 

If so did it work or is the whole TV suffering from pixilation?

Please do let me know. Thanks  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

davidbalerno
Dialled in

_copie-0_IMG_2315.jpg_copie-0_IMG_2319.jpgPhotos of the recorded programmes mentioned in my post. This only appears on programmes recorded on 10 August on BBC channels. It does not appear on the same programmes viewed today on iPlayer. I have also recorded and watches some small sections of BBC programmes today and recordings have no pixelation. Will monitor.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, check to confirm that live TV is OK. If it is, try pausing live broadcast and watching slightly delayed.

This is also a recording and uses your TiVo's hard drive in the same way. Is this problematic? If so, your box has hard drive failure and will need to be reported to VM to be replaced.

TiVo's are now being replaced with V6's which run the same SW but on a much better box - however they require VM broadband to work. Do you have VM broadband?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks japitts, will try this later. Yes to VM broadband.

Hey davidbalerno, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are suffering from some pixilation.

Did you manage to try what has been suggested to you? 

If so did it work or is the whole TV suffering from pixilation?

Please do let me know. Thanks  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

Tried that suggestion but no pixels. However I have watched other programmes this week on catch up on Tivo box with pixilation - CSI Vegas last night. In addition the box has literally stopped working while watching a number of catch up progs in last 3 weeks, screen freezes, tried to go back to TV picture and box just reboots instead. This has resulted in losing several minutes of progs which were recording.

UPDATE issue resolved to my satisfaction with direct contact to VM online.

Hi @davidbalerno thanks for your post here and it's great to hear everything is resolved for you - thanks for taking the time to let me know!

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any further help in the future.

Many thanks

Tom_W