cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIVO box recording programs not asked

old-un
On our wavelength

Why is my TIVO box is recording again programs we have already watched?

One example is my wife likes Coronation Street we record it on the link when we have seen it, we delete it, but next day the Coronation St folder is back with 2 or may be 3 recording of old programs in it.

Sometimes when we record a second series, of a program, which we have already seen the first.

Sometime later we come to watch the second series, and the first is there again.

Can we stop it recording programs we have not asked it to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

old-un
On our wavelength

Hi Japitts

I found the menu you mentioned, will toggle the functionality on/off.

Now see what happens tonight

Thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

LittleMick73
Superstar

Hi have you turned "suggestions" off in the settings as that is supposed to follow your viewing pattern, which this seems to be whats happening. Regards Micky 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings > Suggestions

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

old-un
On our wavelength

Hi Japitts

Thanks for you help I  found Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings > Suggestions

It said use the thumbs up or down, down  to stop it. I could not find the thumbs up or down

Old-un

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The thumbs-up & thumbs-down are used by the TiVo/V6 algorithms to decide what should be suggested.

The suggestions on/off control in the menu I mentioned, will toggle the functionality on/off.

If suggestions are disabled, then the thumbs-up/down are largely irrelevant. This page shows the thumbs-up & thumbs-down button.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

old-un
On our wavelength

Hi Japitts

I found the menu you mentioned, will toggle the functionality on/off.

Now see what happens tonight

Thanks

old-un
On our wavelength

Hi Japitts

I checked on Tuesday and Wednesday to see if we had unwanted programs still, we had.

Coronation Street had 3 last 3 nights shows in and we delete every night.

I checked again Home - Help & Settings - Recordings - Suggestion and the tick was in No  Suggestion

Any Ideas

Old-un

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a series link or wishlist active?

If so, what're the settings for it?

Home > My Shows > Manage my Series Links to find these.

old-un
On our wavelength

Hi Japitts

Sorry I have not been back to you sooner but I have not been very well.

I did as you said "Home > My Shows > Manage my Series Links " but all I could see is remove the link.

I want to record by link to a program, does it mean remove the link and then replace it

Old-un

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're seeing an option to remove a SL, then by definition you have a series link active.

You can either delete the series link which should stop the recordings, or amend the settings for it. There will be an option for "amend series link options", and in there one of the entries is for "Record" - from what you've posted thus far, yours is likely set for "record everything" which is doing exactly as described.

Record "new only" will do what it says.

Record "new & reruns" will record any episode that hasn't already been recorded in the past 30days.