cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIVO STUCK ON PREPARING CHANNELS, 25%, THEN UNABLE TO PREPARE CHANNELS.

madmacx9
Joining in

Recently had the same issue with my Tivo and the error cleared, however it has resurfaced, checked all the cables rebooted numerous times, ran all the online tests, now locked out of running test (can only run 6 times). last time engineer came to the house, and stated that the box is now"old" and will need replacing.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the co-ax connection on the back finger-tight? And do you have any flashing green lights on the front-left?

Your box could well be faulty, and the quickest way to report that is to call in...

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. VM staff do respond on here, but it might take a couple of days.

Out of interest, do you have VM broadband?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the co-ax connection on the back finger-tight? And do you have any flashing green lights on the front-left?

Your box could well be faulty, and the quickest way to report that is to call in...

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. VM staff do respond on here, but it might take a couple of days.

Out of interest, do you have VM broadband?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

My thanks for the rapid response, and my apologies for wasting your time, but swtched on my Tivo this morning and everything back working again. It reminded me to watch the recordings on there before my box has to be swapped out, and to attempt to discover how to move my copies of The Walking dead episodes, which I will not be able to access again. I have no intention of paying Disney to watch what I have already effectively paid for. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All recordings onto a VM STB are specific to the individual box and can't be transferred.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @madmacx9

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Glad to hear everything's working again, as advised recordings are individual to each box.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs