Menu
davidhazel56
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Box stuck on "deleting everything" for more than 12 hours

I have a TIVO box which is a few years old. Yesterday, I used the "Clear and Reset" function to delete all of the shows it had recorded, to try and stop it from randomly recording lots of stuff we didn't want and won't watch. More than 12 hours later, it is still showing the message which says it might take an hour. I found some advice on this site which says to switch it off, then hold the + and Standby buttons down as I switch it back on. However, there are no buttons labelled like that, perhaps because my TIVO box is a few years old.

Here is the label on the back of my box, to help identify what version it is. I need instructions for this box.IMG_0398 copy.jpg

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Box stuck on "deleting everything" for more than 12 hours

Sounds like you do have a Tivo and not a V6 box - as the reset instructions are for the V6 - confusion is you are actually posting this in the V6 forum and not the Tivo one !
Just do a google search for reset virgin tivo that will get you the instructions for that box.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
davidhazel56
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I couldn't find a "TIVO Box" topic here; only a "TIVO service" topic.

0 Kudos
ellie-wellie
Just joined
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Search for "TIVO box stuck" on youtube - there's a video titled "tivo reformat" (there's no sound but precise instructions in the comments). I had the same problem as you and the method in the video worked a treat.

0 Kudos
davidhazel56
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I found the following information helped, but it involved forcing the box to re-install its software (the recommendation at the bottom of the first screen of results):

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TiVo-box-stuck-clearing-your-data/td-...

0 Kudos
Portski58
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Very simple fix turn off your TiVo box off at the back of box then turn on Holding down the Tv and Arrow down button And the red record button on your TIVo box after turning on your box and keep holding in till it reinstall The software once the software has been installed when you get onto your virgin media go to settings then network and connect then it will download the info and happy days everything is all okay but this takes some time to be patient

0 Kudos
Portski58
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Did you fix it

0 Kudos