Menu
connorfreebairn
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Box sending requests referring to dmdsdp.com?

Hi there,

I've been researching this for the last hour and have come up empty handed. I did discover a topic on another online forum but from the looks of things they never discovered a reason for this.

Does anyone know why my TIVO Box is sending a large amount of requests to the following domains? 

• dawnxmpp.prod.uk.dmdsdp.com
  • dawnxmpp.prod.uk.dmdsdp.com.localdomain
  • dawnacs.dmdsdp.com
  • dawnacs.dmdsdp.com.localdomain

Over the last week my box has sent thousands of requests to the above and they all respond with either an none existent domain error or return no data. I am a little puzzled as to why my TIVO Box would be sending these requests, hopefully someone here will know the answer. Smiley Happy

Platform version: DCX960

Hardware version 2048.0

Software version: 20.9.1.RC2-VMB-11-C68

*Sorry if this has been posted in the wrong area. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Box sending requests referring to dmdsdp.com?

Enter details here: https://www.robtex.com/ This will give details known... Connections to Netherlands indicated … (where I believe VM has email servers/routers etc?) … ZvnK ...
0 Kudos
connorfreebairn
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Box sending requests referring to dmdsdp.com?

Hi Zvonok,

I've actually done some further research on this and have come up with the following information. 

The domain dmdsdp.com was previously registered to Volker Libovsky at Liberty Global Services, the current whois information for the domain has been redacted however Liberty Global had acquired Virgin Media some time ago if I am not mistaken.

I also found links between various *.vod.prod.ukv.dmdsdp.com domains and Virgin Media, to go alongside this one of the domains in my original post dawnacs.dmdsdp.com also refers to multiple Virgin Media address's. (All within the 62.252.103.* range, I suspect this is Virgin Media infrastructure)

This has proved informative but doesn't help answer the question as to why my TIVO Box is continuously sending requests to these domains and (from what I can tell) not receiving any data back from them. Is this a possible heartbeat/sync service?

0 Kudos