Menu
rowenaw41
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Box not connecting to internet

Please can anyone help me?  My TIVO box has been showing as not connected to the internet now for 8 weeks.  Red lights, saying cable not connected, but it is.  I can get BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and 5, but nothing else - certainly no paid for channels, no on demand, Catch up, Sport etc. VM said they would send an engineer, but we waited all day and he did not even show up.  We are desperate and VM - well, we just go round and round.   We have reset the box so many times and still nothing.  

I feel like crying with the frustration of it all.  VM has been a nightmare for months.  Any help would be so appreciated.  We are desperate now.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Box not connecting to internet

It will take a forum staff member some days to come along to help. Call VM again and complain about the engineer's non-attendance.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Box not connecting to internet

Do you mean Tivo or V6?  If a Tivo you will need to call it in as a fault.   If a V6, how do you have it connecting to the Hub?  Try switching the V6 and Hub off and unplugging from the mains for 5 minutes.  Then restart the Hub and allow it to boot up and settle - check with a device that you can connect to the internet.  Then restart the V6 and follow it to see if connects to the network ok.  Look in Home>Help>Settings>Network>Status to see the quality of connection.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos