Menu
RobbieGee
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Box. Overnight maintenance program is leaving my box 'off Standby' - costing me money. Anyone else ?

Overnight maintenance program is leaving my box 'off Standby' - costing me money. Anyone else ?

I reported it a week ago but still not sorted. It must be a software error.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Box. Overnight maintenance program is leaving my box 'off Standby' - costing me money. Anyone el

There's 3 settings for power-saving which give you either 2hours or 4hours options for inactivity before your TiVo will go into standby after being on.

After any reboot, whether user or VM-initiated, it's those power-saving options that will dictate how your box behaves.

0 Kudos
RobbieGee
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Box. Overnight maintenance program is leaving my box 'off Standby' - costing me money. Anyone el

Thanks for info. However, I have been setting the box on Standby when I go to bed. However it is NOT on Standby in the morning. This problem does not occur during the day.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I realised that, it's perfectly normal behaviour that if the box reboots overnight for any reason (which periodically it's meant to).. then for either 2 or 4 hours after the reboot, it will be powered-up - that's what my previous post was meant to explain.

If the reboots continue for more than, say, a week or two, then I'd be worried. Count yourself lucky that you don't forget to mute your home-cinema amp and then get woken up at silly o'clock by what you instantly realise is the box rebooting. I've only ever made that mistake once!!

0 Kudos
RobbieGee
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

This problem happens every night  but not during the day. It only started a few weeks ago and I have had the box for years. I am convinced that they have made an error in a software change in the so-called maintenance program. I will wait for Virgin's reply now

Thanks for your ideas.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Box. Overnight maintenance program is leaving my box 'off Standby' - costing me money. A...

Hi RobbieGee,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums.

This seems odd. From running a check in the background it's something we can help with.

I'll send you a quick PM.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos