cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIVO BOX NO Light

AMY2207
On our wavelength

Have rung, says a problem in my area, PR26 but looking on sites says there are no problems??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your TV has the message "no connection", that sounds like the TV is generating the warning and the first thing to check is whether you have the correct HDMI input selected for where your TiVo is connected.

Having said that, your TiVo should have lights on the front-left. From L-R, you have 3 green LEDs. First one is power which should be red in standby, green when on. Second is the online light representing the internal 'net connection. Third is the remote input.

What are you seeing? You can also try pressing the "power" button on the front-middle of the TiVo rather than on the remote, if necessary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A little more info may be useful here.

When you say "no light" - can you elaborate a bit?

The VM service status line is 0800 5610061 (for local faults) or https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status for larger-scale issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

AMY2207
On our wavelength

Apologies late reply, but have been trying to get an answer from Virgin on Twitter.  

I went out this morning, all fine,  came home a few hours later and cannot connect my box to the TV. I have contacted Virgin, they say there is a  problem in the area,  but it is not my problem.  I  can't seem to report my issue as automated message keeps saying there is a problem in my area.  Seems until this problem is solved I can't report mine. But I  have no lights showing on the box.  Cables connected.  Turned on off etc.. nothing 

I have no access to my Virgin Media at all

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain what you mean by "cannot connect my box to the TV".

The more info you can give, the better advice we can give.

AMY2207
On our wavelength
  • My Tivo box automatically connects to the TV.But have the message no connection to TV . My TIVO BOX has no lights red/white ,but there is nothing now, just blank.  My remote control for the Tivo won't turn it on. Changed batteries, nothing 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your TV has the message "no connection", that sounds like the TV is generating the warning and the first thing to check is whether you have the correct HDMI input selected for where your TiVo is connected.

Having said that, your TiVo should have lights on the front-left. From L-R, you have 3 green LEDs. First one is power which should be red in standby, green when on. Second is the online light representing the internal 'net connection. Third is the remote input.

What are you seeing? You can also try pressing the "power" button on the front-middle of the TiVo rather than on the remote, if necessary.

AMY2207
On our wavelength
  • I am seeing nothing.  I have tried turning off and off on the box itself.  The only thing I haven't tried is changing the HDMI although never been an issue before 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If no lights are on the front of the box, all you can do is make sure the power socket etc works, and is plugged in. If no life, then something's clearly blown or broken somewhere.

Ordinarily I'd suggest calling VM to report this, and calling back may yet be the quickest method. On this occasion I've escalated this post so forum staff can hopefully pick it up for you and respond.

Hi @AMY2207.

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear about your TiVo box. As mentioned by @japitts have you checked the wired connections at the back of the box to see where the fault may lay? 

I have also had a look into your account using your forum details. In regards to the local fault, the estimated fix time for this is 04 MAY 2021 09:00.

Please get back to us when you can.

Many thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

AMY2207
On our wavelength

Hi,

I have tried and checked everything. There is power going to the box as when you turn it off and back on there is a 'whirring ' noise.   I have been trying to log this for 2 days. I still have no  TiVo box working.  When I rang Friday said there was a problem in my area, ( automated message ) but on checking wasn't related to mine, got an email saying problem fixed,but it isn't.   Tried numerous times yesterday, again but there was an automated message again  saying problem in my area which won't be fixed until 5th May!! Still can't speak to anyone as have been told if there is a problem in my area, I would still see lights on the box ( possibly flashing). Just totally fed up now