Menu
Scfc80
Tuning in
Message 11 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Subtitles out of sync on recordings

Hi Brian, the problem is now worse than ever and seemingly now affecting every channel (apparently a software fix is being made but will take many months)

The only thing that works slightly for me is turning the recording off and back on and not fast forwarding, which means that we are not actually getting the service we are paying for, very frustrating. 

Don’t pause the programme either,it’s very difficult to get the subtitles back on, so if you need to pause the programme press stop instead 

Hopefully Virgin will hurry up with the fix as unfortunately even if you follow the advice I posted,many programmes are unwatchable 

I hope some of my suggestions help you out

BrianY
Fibre optic
Message 12 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Coming back to this discussion after second thoughts?
Watching a prerecorded program, the subtitles kind of stutter like dialogue comes and goes for a few minutes then subtitles back to normal.
Could the sound rely on some sort of buffer which takes time to fill?
[Tech need to investigate]
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi BrianY,

Are you experiencing this issue on your V6? If so have you tried reconnecting to the TV service through the Network Settings of the V6 as Scfc80 recommended? What connection method do you use to connect it to your hub, ethernet or WiFi?

Thanks,
Tom_S

0 Kudos
BrianY
Fibre optic
Message 14 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Wired connection.

Not tried ideas given here.

0 Kudos
BrianY
Fibre optic
Message 15 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Just last evening when a live program is paused (putting on the kettle) on restarting the program dialogue continued as before with subtitles taking time to show dialogue?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update BrainY - I would recommend doing the check as advised:

Home>Help & Settings>Settings>Network>Connect to the Virgin Media Service now (ok)

Give it a go and let us know how things are after you have done that check and we can go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BrianY
Fibre optic
Message 17 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Home>Help & Settings>Settings>Network>Connect to the Virgin Media Service now (ok)
I have now done the above to my V6, no change.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi BrianY,

I've run a quick health check on your account and need a few more details from you. 

I've popped you over a private message, you can find this in the top right hand corner.

Many thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
BrianY
Fibre optic
Message 19 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Current date 27th May, whilst watching a 2hr program on ITV3 paused whilst I prepared a meal.
On restarting the program one line of dialogue which froze for 20sec then started subtitles as norm.
Each time I advanced the program over adverts same again as before, frozen dialogue for 20sec etc.
So no change to previous condition.
0 Kudos
Scfc80
Tuning in
Message 20 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi ,

I am still suffering with the same problem, I now unfortunately just watch recorded programmes on channels which don’t seem to suffer as much, and never pause any of the other programmes...which is unfortunate as pause, ffwd (and recording) are the reason for these boxes, I am annoyed as I miss out on some programmes I wish to watch, I wonder why I am paying for this service? Along with a reduced catch up service ie all4 which doesn’t offer subtitles for programmes that do offer subtitles on other platforms.

The fix that I was told about has been a long time coming and can’t come soon enough!

I am fed up of the rigmarole that is involved in trying to watch a programme skip back, stop programme, play programme, watch a little and hope subtitles work, miss dialogue, read what is going to be said or was said earlier etc

0 Kudos