cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtitles on BBC flashing 888 up in the corner

flaxthejute
Tuning in

Recently the Subtitles on BBC are flashing 888 up in the corner at regular intervals when the subtitles are on. Any clue why this is happening and how to stop it?

Ta

114 REPLIES 114

ModTeam

Hi everyone, 

I'm afraid we don't have much of an update on this issue at the moment; however our team are continuing to investigate this and we hope to have this resolved soon. 

Thanks again for your continued patience. 

Thanks

Mod Team

Just a reminder for your Tech Guys.

The 888 appears when V6 box subtitles are switched on, but there is no dialogue for about 10 seconds, that is, no subtitles are being generated.

This usually happens during credits and the beginning or end of a program.

I would imagine that the 888 would be consistently apparent if there is a BBC program that doesn't have subtitles, but subtitles are enabled on the V6 box

I haven't been able  to prove  this though.

Hi just a gentle reminder that this still happens! Just seen it on Holby City this evening (Weds 5th Feb)

Has everybody else got it fixed?

Catmanv2
On our wavelength

Nope

Not fixed here

C

Nope. Still happening in London SW19

Still here in Luton 

mattarosa
Tuning in

I have this problem in Hampshire.  Has there been a fix that I have missed?  It's very annoying.  I need the subtitles so switching them off is not an option.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank You VM for NOT fixing this -Casualty tonight (08/02/2020) was spoiled from begining to end because there were so many nessesary gaps in dialoge up popped the Bl-y blue flashing 888 to spoil the show FIX IT ASAP  PLEASE

Catmanv2
On our wavelength

Yep. Still no fixed and crickets now.  What's happening, chaps?

C

Wispering.......... I think its fixed has anyone else noticed?

Thank you VM for fixing it