cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtitles on BBC flashing 888 up in the corner

flaxthejute
Tuning in

Recently the Subtitles on BBC are flashing 888 up in the corner at regular intervals when the subtitles are on. Any clue why this is happening and how to stop it?

Ta

114 REPLIES 114

Yes thankfully the subtitles are back to normal but as others have said the 888 is still showing on BBC when there are no subtitles on the screen Its as if someone has forgotton to turn something off!

As I think has been mentioned if there is a 10 second gap with no subtitles then the 888 box appears. As soon as subtitles are back the box will disappear. This is happening on 'live' TV via V6 box, not just recordings

ModTeam

Hi All, 

Thanks for your post and letting us know about the issue with '888' flashing onto the screen. 

We've raised this with our support team to be investigated and this has been logged under the ticket reference F007728298.

We'll post back on this thread when we have any updates. 

Thanks

Mod Team

ModTeam

Hi All, 

At the moment we're unable to replicate the issue, however I do appreciate that this seems to be intermittent based on the posts in this thread. 

So that we can investigate this further, could you possible let us know some examples of when this is happening?

If you could let us know the channel number and programme this has happened on that would be great.

Although this may be a big ask based on how this is appearing, if you could provide any screenshots/pictures or video of this happening that would also be really helpful. 

Thanks

Mod Team

This actually happens very consistently in my case, it is not intermittent. As mentioned above, if there is a 10 second gap with no subtitles then the 888 box appears. As soon as subtitles are back the box will disappear. This is happening on 'live' TV via V6 box, not just recordings. I have seen it most frequently on BBC1 but it also happens on other channels as well. It happens on both Samsung TVs I have in my house. I will try to grab a video and post next time it happens.

I have got a video on my phone camera, please advise how I can post it.

I uploaded it to Youtube https://youtu.be/E-TX34Mc6po

I happens every time I watch Silent Witness with subtitles on BBC1 whether live or recoded on the V6 box.

ModTeam

Hi All, 

Thanks for the information you've posted regarding this issue.

Our team have come back to us and advised that they're unable to find an issue with the broadcast or subtitles. 

Could you confirm if you're still seeing this issue?

If so, we'll be happy to escalate this back to our team for further investigation. 

Thanks

Lucy

Catmanv2
On our wavelength

This issue is still impacting my mother, so it's certainly still happening

C