cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on Start Up screen - TiVo Box

Scravaze
Tuning in

Hello,

We had received a letter about upgrading our landline phone connection to now plug the line in into our router instead of the connection box on the wall. I did this on Saturday, since then our TiVo box has not been able to start up properly. The screen will stay on the 'Starting Up...' screen for hours and nothing will happen.

I have tried hard resetting the box, unplugging it, changing HDMI leads and inputs, everything to get it to fix and have had no luck so far. I have run the error wizard on the VM site and the only error it gives me is that their is no reading from the smart card. I have removed and cleaned this start card, again no luck.

I have tried to call the VM support number and cannot get through to an actual human being to help me with this, I have tried the online chat on the website and this button does not work at all. 

Any information or contact with VM support would be much appreciated as there are also other errors on this account I would like to ammend.

(PS. The issue is not with the VM account that this forum account is linked with, it is with my mother's account but she is not tech savvy enough to be posting on these forums)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Scravaze,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with The TV stuck in a starting up loop.

As you have mentioned it is your mother's account, It may be tricky to help, Unless your have power of attorney for the account, But let me try anyway.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to check the account. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Scravaze wrote:

I have tried to call the VM support number and cannot get through to an actual human being to help me with this,

0345 4541111, or 150 from a VM phone - choose the options for "I have a fault" and then don't press any further options or buttons - just wait on the line.

@Scravaze wrote:

here are also other errors on this account I would like to ammend.

Try putting the details into a post in https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/bd-p/ManageAccountCable 

Bear in mind that, unless you have power-of-attorney over your mother's account, VM staff may be only able to discuss issues with the account holder. it depends on the nature of the issues, and posting in that forum rather than this TV-specific one, will be better.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Scravaze,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with The TV stuck in a starting up loop.

As you have mentioned it is your mother's account, It may be tricky to help, Unless your have power of attorney for the account, But let me try anyway.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to check the account. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Scravaze
Tuning in

Thanks everyone,

My Mother spoke with Virgin Media and we got a new box sent out as our current TiVo box was very out of date, issues seem to be resolved now.

Thanks for the update Scravaze, let us know once you have received the set top box if it resolves the issue for you.

Thanks

Rob