Menu
QU89
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Stuck in starting up

What I find most frustrating about customer services is the inability to break out of a script and the ridiculous time that leads to in fixing issues. My Tivo 6 has been stuck in starting up, with the flashing red / purple light for nearly three days. All the cables changed and replaced. Switched off an on. Full reset of the hub. Full reset of the Tivo. There is one common piece of evidence: when the reset is performed, the ethernet lights at the back of the hub and Tivo flash as data is transferred. At all other times they are off - including during starting up. The hub says that the Tivo is not connected. Ergo there's a problem with the Tivo connecting to the network... Despite being able to give all this information to Customer Services I have to go through a repeated series of turn if off / turn it on / check the cables / wait 3 hours while Networks make a check / call us back / hang on the phone for another hour trying to connect... Seriously wasting my life on this is having me reaching for the cancellation button next time the contract comes up (very soon). 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stuck in starting up

Hi Qu89,

Thank you for contacting us via the Community.

It is never nice when things go wrong so I am sorry to hear you were experiencing this issues for a few days. 

I see you have spoken to our team and they have arranged for the equipment to be replaced.  Are you still experiencing this problem on the 

new box or has it resolved the issue?

Let me know either way and I will be happy to assist 🙂 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos