Menu
Tashbamb
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Stuck in a loop

Last night there was a fault and the  whole area lost tv,phone and broadband services the phone and broadband came back in a few hours but my tv isn't working still it goes to welcome screen with Orange light then goes to starting up screen with white light stays like that for a bit the reboots back to welcome screen then a box picture comes on screen with an arrow pointing down (I'm guessing it's downloading something) and the Orange light is blinking fast the after a minute goes back to welcome screen ECT I have rebooted unplugged checked cables phoned twice and been on live chat and all they can say is an engineer will be with you Saturday because the box must be faulty but it wasn't faulty until everyone lost all services last night so bit of a coincidence surely there is something your end I have been with the tv services since last night and I'm expected to wait until Saturday can't get no sense when I phone they were at one point last night saying there wasn't an issue in the area when there was  it even said on the status page just get lies to and fobbed off when I phone  I'm ready to cancel all services had enough now

0 Kudos
Tashbamb
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stuck in a loop

Have I been put on hold or something

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is primilarily a user-based forum where other Virgin customers (for that is all most of us are) help each other out, and VM staff come in after a week or so if they're needed.

It sounds as though you've already been in touch with faults-CS and they've booked an engineer visit for you? In which case that's the best course of action. If there was an area fault they'd not picked up on.. then affected customers all booking tech visits would see to that 😉 Equally it's possible your box has just been "kicked" into a faulty state by external factors, in which case the tech visit should see it replaced.

Short of powering the box down at the mains for a short while to "cool it off" and then rebooting from scratch, there's probably not a great deal more you can do.. more's the annoyance for you, I'm sure.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Tashbamb

I am sorry to hear you have had these issues, how are things looking at the moment?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Tashbamb
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came today and replaced box 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6