Menu
katejo
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Strange tivo remote control problem

It is getting harder and harder to turn my TIVO box on with the remote control. I have to hold it within a few mm of the box and at a particular angle. It isn't the batteries. I have checked them and the remote works fine at a distance from the sofa  to switch channels or select a saved programme once the box is on. Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Strange tivo remote control problem

I'd call in and request a new remote to see if that solves the problem. Probably easier to say that button no longer works at all, otherwise they may get confused.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi katejo,

Sorry to see that you've been having issues with the remote control.

Have you spoken with our team to resolve this issue? We can send out a new remote control but in some cases we can run diagnostics to fix remote controls as re-syncing them to the box can have a positive effect.

It would also be worth downloading the TV Remote Control application on your smartphone too. This is a handy application to have as a backup if you find yourself with this problem again in future

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
katejo
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. I will try ringing to see if your team can sort it but I am about to go on holiday so it will probably wait until I get back. I will try the app in the meantime. I didn't know that there was one.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response katejo.

The Application is great as the basic remote but you can also plan recordings too.

An absolute life saver if you've forgotten to plan to record Match of the Day 2, as I realised whilst out hiking on all day Sunday!

David_Bn

0 Kudos