Menu
Anitafreemo
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Starting Up

The screen has been saying Starting Up for 1 hour now with red light flashing on TIVO box

0 Kudos
Loopy51
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Starting Up

mine too .... all evening, its stuck on its 'Starting up...' cycle .... I've tried running a service check, leaving 10 mins, switching off and back on again (The IT Crowd!!!!) ... and nothing!!!   no idea what else to try...going to switch it all off for the night and go and read a book instead .... :-o

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anitafreemo, 

Welcome to our community forums! Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear you're having problems with your TiVo box. 

Have you managed to get this resolved since your post? 

If not can you let us know which set top box you've got and we will be more than happy to assist you further. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loopy51,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for taking the time to get in touch! 

Really sorry you're also experiencing problems with your TV services. Have you been able to get this resolved since your post? If not let us know and we will be able to run further tests to get this resolved. 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Loopy51
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Hetty_R,

I spent just over 30 mins last night speaking with 'Michelle' at 150 number - she couldn't resolve and has arranged for 'someone' to call me after 6pm this evening to do some more checks.  

I suspect its just an old and worn out TiVo box and just needs replacing and while I appreciate certain procedures need to be followed etc and everyone is just trying to help, the longer I'm without my TV package makes me realise how little I actually need it ....

regards

Loopy51

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loopy51,

I am sorry to hear that is the case, have you been able to get any further updates regarding this?

If you're still having the same issue would you be able to try holding TV+Down+Record during start up to see if that resolves the issue?

I do need to make you aware that it will result in wiping the hard drive of the TiVo if it works.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos