cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports

Jjackel123
Joining in

I have sky sports but not in HD, as I didn't think it was worth yet another extra charge, and have now realised that the picture for eg (football) is worse than the picture 20years ago, so I take it this is done on purpose by virgin to get you to spend more money, Ive always perfered virgin for many many years but this will be my last contract with them. Yet another company that puts customers 2nd.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM have always charged extra for Sky Sports in HD, for as long as I can remember it's part of their wholesale agreement with Sky.

Depending on the size of your TV screen, an SD picture upscaled to HD or even UHD, is going to look poor. That's nothing to do with VM, and everything to do with the size of the picture.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I did think about that but other channels look fine it's just the sports that's almost blurry, 

Hi @Jjackel123,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with Sky Sports, I can assure you that we aren't trying to make anybody upgrade to the HD package.

Are the sport channels pictures always like that or is it worse during certain times or sporting events?

Regards,

Steven_L

It is always on live events. Which of coarse is almost always. Football and f1, on football you can't even read the names on th back of their shirts and on a non HD channel its clearer than sky sports, it's definitely not my TV. 

Hi @Jjackel123

Have you tried a different HDMI cable or rebooted the box?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi I receive sky sports in SD and its perfect so as others have said it must be due to something other than virgins box. Regards Micky (can I hazard a guess you have a Samsung 4K TV)